by Debbie Scott, GBFG Workshop Chair
IT’S A FIBER F-R-E-N-Z-Y!
YOU ARE INVITED!
The Greater Birmingham Fiber Guild is hosting a workshop this Saturday, September 13, at St. Peter's Catholic Church, Hoover, Alabama.
Address: 2061 Patton Chapel Road, Room C, directly across from our regular meeting room, which is through the entrance to the far left of the sanctuary entrance, under the awning.
Time: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Everyone is welcome and if you would like to join the guild while you are there, you can join for $25 (membership is paid to Nancy Lavender, our treasurer).
Contact Debbie Scott, GBFG Workshop Chair, at email@example.com for more information.
If you signed up earlier, then lunch will be waiting for you. If you didn't sign up, then there are several good places to eat close by.
WORKSHOP AND SALE – LEARNING, SHARING, BARGAINS!
We will have separate areas set up for:
1) Hand-spinning (bring your wheels)
2) Hand-spindles (bring your hand-spindle). We encourage those who want to learn to spin to come and try both of these out.
3) Drum-carding – you may bring clean and washed fiber to card. We will have some fiber on hand.
4) Weaving – Small looms
5) Knitting demo and questions
6) For Sale items – Members can bring fiber and fiber related items to sell. All items need to be labeled with your name and price, if an item needs protection--like fleece or fiber--bring it in a bag. Each person is responsible for handling his or her sales. The guild will not have change or be responsible for these sales.
7) Give-away – Members can bring fiber items that need to find a new home, including fiber-related books, fibers, yarn, and tools. If an item needs protection--like fleece or fiber--bring it in a bag. If your "give-away" items are not taken at the Fiber Frenzy, you can donate them to the organizations that have expressed an interest in our un-claimed treasures. You can find out more about this on Saturday.
We hope we see you there!